It was a very busy weekend! I went to 2 weddings on Saturday and a baby shower today!
Wedding #1 was Angela's wedding. She works with me, and I just love her! She worked nights when I first started and within the last 2 years or so she changed to day shift. She started dating the guy she got married to about a year or so ago, and every time she talks about him she is just giddy. We were all so happy for her to have found Mr. Right! He is just so perfect for her!
The wedding was at 3 o'clock on Saturday. I had this vision of getting up early that morning and running on the treadmill and then coming back and taking a shower and leisurely getting ready. Well of course that didn't happen! I got up late, super duper late in fact, I barely had time to walk Scout and eat some "breakfast" (is it called breakfast if you eat it around 12 PM?) before it was time to get ready. I showered, dried my hair, put on makeup, threw on my clothes, grabbed my wedding gift, and RAN out the door. I was terrified I was going to walk into the back of the church with the bride! It seemed to take forever to get to the church. The last 4 miles went on for what seemed like hours! The wedding was at a tiny country church in the middle of nowhere. I passed so many farms and fields. I finally made it though, and thankfully I was mostly on time.
The church was decorated so beautiful! The lights were dim and the whole front of the church was lit with tons of candles! It was just the most beautiful back drop for their ceremony. Angela was so gorgeous when she walked in! Her whole face was just lit up with excitement. It was sweet service officiated by none other than Greg! Who also works with us :) He did a wonderful job!
Once they were married it was on to the reception. They served up some yummy BBQ, cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, and few other what nots! It was sooooo good! In fact, I'm a little sad now. We actually talked about doing this at our wedding, but decided to go with the the traditional wedding foods instead. This was such a good meal though. It made me wish I could go back, but I suppose the ink is already dry on that contract! Maybe the chocolate fountain we are going to have will make it all worth it :)
I had just enough time to eat my tasty food and visit awhile with my friends before I had to go! Wedding #2 was at 6:30, and it way in the opposite direction from where I was for wedding #1. So, I left and drove out to Chase and Megan's house. They were kind enough to let me tag along with them. Jonathan wasn't able to come because he was out of town for a conference, so I was dateless for both weddings :( Anyway, I made it out to their house after a quick stop at CVS to buy a new pair of hose (I ripped my first pair)! Then, we hopped in Chase's truck and made our way out to the American Village for Andrea's wedding.
Andrea is one of my sorority sisters. I have been anxiously anticipating her wedding ever since she got engaged! She was our social chair for AOII when we were in college, and she always had the coolest ideas. We had the BEST parties and formals when she was in charge :) I must say her wedding was everything I expected and more!
Her wedding was at a place that has been built in the style of Colonial America, so even though the buildings are new, the architecture of the place is full of character and integrity. She had the wedding ceremony in the chapel. All the decorations in the chapel were very simple, but the coolest thing was the wooden arbor that was at the front of the church. Andrea and Jason got married under the arbor. It was decorated with candles and ribbons and beautiful flowers that cascaded from the top and all around the sides. A note in the program told all the wedding guest that Jason had actually made the arbor himself as a gift to Andrea! How neat is that? They will get to keep that for the rest of their lives! I'm sure it will become a family heirloom! The ceremony was sweet of course, and Andrea was just beautiful!
After the ceremony, we walked up to the barn. The barn was filled with probably hundreds of candles that were hanging from the rafters. It made the most beautiful glow fill the whole space! We all sat and ate and enjoyed company of friends :) An AOII wedding means seeing AOIIs of course! There were some girls there I haven't see in a long, long time!
The entertainment for the reception was provided by 2 piano players. They would play almost any song you requested (as long as they knew it, they would play it)! I didn't do a whole lot of dancing. It's just not the same with out my sweetie :) But I did enjoy singing along to the songs!
Both wedding were so pretty, and I was excited to share in both Angela and Andrea's special day!
Here are a few pics. Sadly, I didn't get to take any at Angela's wedding. I was in too big of a hurry :(
In the car ready to go! I was checking
to make sure the camera was charged
and the memory card was in :)
Andrea and Jason's first dance.
They were so happy. I just
love the flower in her hair!
All the candles were just so pretty!
Our wedding souvenirs! I had already
taken a bite out of my wedding cookie.
It started off in 3 tiers! The ribbon thingy-
was like a custom made wedding shaker.
So cute! Told ya she has the BEST ideas :)
Saturday was also Jonathan's
aunt and uncle's 17th wedding anniversary.
These are some pics from their special day 17 years ago.
Happy Anniversary Scott and Karen!!!!!! Hope my friends
are as happy as you 2 :)
Today I went to a baby shower for Katie! This was special because Katie works with me, but she is also one of my sorority sisters :) I convinced her to come work with us when she got out of nursing school, and I am so glad she did! She is a great nurse, and she is going to make a wonderful mommy!
We did the typical work shower thing. Food was eaten and present were opened all within about an hour or so! She got some great stuff. She has already had a few showers, so she had already gotten all of the big things. She got lots of little things at this shower- cute blankets, extra crib sheets, diapers, wipes, bottles, etc. She was of course glad to have it all!!!! Now maybe Katie will be all ready for Tucker's arrival in just a few weeks :)
These are the 2 pictures I took before my camera's battery died :(
The most FABULOUS diaper cake ever!!
It was of course Alabama themed. It was
very impressive :)
Lauren, Katie, and Edith

No comments:
Post a Comment