This is me and my furbaby, Scout! She is my sweet, funny, mischievous, silly little puggle (pug beagle mix)!
When I moved out to live on my own, after having a housemate and sharing her dogs with her, I knew I had to have one of my own to share my apartment with me. I thought long and hard about what sort of dog to get; yorkies, westies, french bulldogs, english bulldogs, and so many others I don't even remember anymore we all dogs I considered! I ended up with my Scout after looking through the ads for all the dogs in the whole state! In the very last page of ads, I found an ad for puggles. A friend of mine had actually told me about puggles a few years ago, and I thought it sounded like an UGLY dog. After I looked up a picture, I decided they are actually pretty cute dogs, and also, just the right size for an apartment! So, I made a phone call about the dogs the next day. The place that had the puggles was actually closer to my Mom's house than my own, so I sent her out to go look at the dogs. There were 2 puggles when I called, but when my mom got there sweet Scout was the only one left. So, she's the one my mom got!
I love the book To Kill A Mockingbird, and I decided that her name should be Scout after the main character in the book! She has several nicknames though which include Scout, Scout; Scouter; Scouter Router; and the most famous of all Discount Puppy! The story on Discount Puppy goes like this- a few short months after we got her the movie Marley & Me came out. Scout has a few Marley like qualities. She is very loveable, but she can be very, very bad! In the movie, Marley is the cheapest of the dogs, and so they call him clearance puppy. Scout was also a bought at a discount because she was already 4 months old when I got her, so Jonathan christened her with the nickname Discount puppy. It is his favorite thing to call her, especially when she is bad!
Scout is absolutely a puggle. She acts like a bit of a beagle with her nose for anything and everything always sniffing around, and she acts like a pug when she steals things that belong to me and then dares me to chase her with a laughing smile on her face! It's so hard to stay mad at that dog! She has absolutely stolen my heart, and I couldn't imagine life with out my little furry wet nose that greets me every morning when I get up and every evening when I get home :)
1 comment:
Luv your furbaby ... what a cutie!
Post a Comment