layout

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year's Eve


Here's Jonathan popping the cork on our champagne, so we could toast to a wonderful 2010. I believe something very important is happening this year for us...gee can't remember just now what it is...... Just kidding, we are getting married!!!! 2010 sounds like a great year for a wedding don't ya think?

Anyway, we had a quite New Year's Eve at home. New Year's eve actually fell during my work week, as it has the last couple of years, so per tradition Jonathan came down and stayed at my house. He had the bottle of champagne out and our glasses ready to go as a scooted in the door at 11:45. Good thing I don't live too far away from work or I never would have made it on time! Since we don't live in the time zone for the ball drop, we watched one of our local stations that showed a little countdown. We watch 2009 slip away, and then we ushered in 2010 with a toast and a kiss. It's gonna be a great year for us, and we can't wait!

Also, per a tradition we started long ago, we didn't exchange Christmas gifts until Jonathan got down here. Truthfully, we exchanged them very early in the morning on New Year's eve, like 12 AM. Usually we wait until New Year's, but I just couldn't wait this year. I was really excited to give him his gifts, and I was also excited to get my gifts!

What did we get? WELL... I gave Jonathan a weather station that gives you the current temp and a 4 day forecast and a pocket knife thing. Scout gave him a new long sleeved Blazers tshirt (that he is actually wearing in the picture above). My grandmother got him a tin of carmel popcorn- that was sooo good, and my mom got him some new jeans and a Magic Eye calendar. He said he was going to take it to school and stare at it when he was board. HA!

And I got.... the best thing ever! A Nintendo DS. I have been obsessed with playing with the one in Best Buy every time we go in the place, and now I have one of my own. The best part is it's red and beautiful :) And Jonathan's mom got me Mariokart for DS, so now I can play Mariokart anytime I want! I also go some wonderful things from the rest of Jonathan's family- $25 gift card to Olive Garden (so we can go on a date), a pretty necklace with a sweet pic of our hands in it, and a beautiful quilted bag that Jonathan's grandmother made. It is so pretty, and it's got some of my very favorite colors in it. I can't wait to use it :)

No comments: