As I mentioned in my last post, Jonathan came down for New Year's Eve. Since the next week was my off week, he decided he would stay down here with me, and I of course did not argue :) It was a wonderful week! Here's how it went:
Monday- Steph was in town! Hooray! We all went out to lunch at O'Carr's. Yummy food, and one of Steph and I's favorite places to go together. Jonathan had never been, and I warned him it was chick food. He managed to find something to eat though, and we all left happy and full :) Then we drove out to Alfred Angelo Bridal so Steph could see the bridesmaid dresses. Which look like this (only mine are going to be all red):
She liked 'em. YAY! Jonathan was a good sport and tagged along to the shop with us, and then after we had some Starbucks! Always good on a cold day. Then it was time for Steph to go. We drove her to the airport and said out goodbyes :( Probably the next time I see her, it will be wedding time :)
Tuesday- This was our lazy day. We didn't leave the house that day, and I'm pretty sure I did not change out of sweats all day! I mostly cleaned the house because I had let it get into a horrible state during Christmas. Jonathan slept all day because he was having some sort of strange allergic reaction, and he had to take a bunch of antihistamines to get rid of it!
Wednesday- We went to go watch the Blazers play! I hadn't been to a basketball game since we graduated , and Jonathan informed me that they had installed a new Jumbotron, and we must see it. And boy was he right, it is huge! It was fun to watch the Blazers play, especially since they won!
the Blazers getting ready to be introduced
The JUMBOtron!
While we were at the game we spotted some friends of ours. After the game, we went out and had some frozen yogurt with them. It was FREEZING outside, but the yogurt place was the only thing open once the game was over. We sat and talked, and it was wonderful being with old friends. The boys reminisced over old fraternity memories, and it made me laugh so hard. Those boys did some crazy things in college! We sat there and talked until the place shut down, but it was ok we knew we would be seeing them again later in the week :)
Thursday- This was a fun day! There was snow in the forecast which pretty much means the South is going to shut down and there will be a run on milk, eggs, and bread at the grocery store. HA! But we weren't afraid. We braved the weather and went out to eat at a possible location for our rehearsal dinner. I had been once before, but it was Jonathan's first time to try it. He said he really liked it, so there are some definite possibilities there.
On the way home, I decided it would be fun to stop and look at some wedding invitations. I thought it was super fun, but I'm pretty sure Jonathan was about ready to poke his eyeballs out after about 2.5 seconds of looking. Note to self- boys don't care anything about pretty paper! It was actually pretty funny to watch him try to be interested in the stuff. Anyway, we left without finding a winner, but it was actually just and exercise in browsing anyway!
After that we came home and got Scout and grabbed some cookies and dip that we had made and headed over to Chase and Megan's to watch Alabama play in the BCS National Championship game! We were also joined by Eric, Chase's dad, and Eric's mom. We had some Full Moon BBQ for dinner. Our cookies and dip were for snacks, which were later devoured during half time :) The game was wonderful, and we were especially pleased with the outcome. RTR!
P.S. It never snowed that day, but lots of schools and businesses closed early. Jonathan and I think it was all a conspiracy to be able to see the National Championship! HA!
Friday- There was a party Friday night for one of Jonathan's pledge brothers that had just gotten home from serving 2 tours of duty in Iraqi. (He and his wife were actually the ones we went out with after the basketball game.) The party was at Katie and Tony's house. It was a really good crowd of people, but it was really funny because we were some of the youngest ones there. It felt very much like it use to when we were freshmen in college. Except now all these people are married with children :) It was fun to see everyone again though, and it was really great to have Patrick back home safe and well!
Group pic. Can you find me?
(Jonathan and I are near the top right)
Saturday- Jonathan and I lazed around the house most of the morning and afternoon. We had sorta planned to have a date night that night, but then Chase called and asked if we wanted to have dinner out with them. It was the same group we had watched the National Championship with except we were adding Eric's sister to the bunch. We accepted the dinner invitation, of course. We had a wonderful Italian dinner at a restaurant I had never tried before, and then after dinner Chase, Megan, Eric, Jonathan, and I all went to the movie.
We saw The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. It was a different take on the traditional character of Sherlock, but it was really good. It still had that moment at the end where you have been watching all this stuff happen and then all of a sudden click it makes since because Sherlock explains what's been happening all along. I'm pretty sure they left it open for a sequel too, so I'll be interested to see if that happens!
Sunday- Jonathan and I went to church. This is something I don't get to do too much because I'm not usually in town on Sunday. I decided we could go out to this really huge church that I had visited once before. We were running late Sunday morning, and by the time we got there, the main sanctuary was already full! We had to sit upstairs in the overflow room. The message was just as good though, and I was really happy to be there. I'm hoping once we get married and I'm not traveling so much, we will be able to find a church to attend on a regular basis. One of the many reason's I'm looking forward to this June :)
Since we were already out there we decided to visit the Irondale Cafe for Sunday lunch. Their fried chicken is my absolute favorite! It was so good, and I was stuffed by the time I had eaten just my chicken and squash, but somehow I found room for some fried green tomatoes, green beans, and lemon meringue pie!
After we got home, it was time for Jonathan to pack his bags and get going. I hated to see him go. It's so nice when he actually gets to come here to see me for a change, and it's so lonely when you've had company for a whole week and then they're just gone. I know he had to go back to school though, and it won't be long now until we're married. Then I won't be able to get rid of him. HA!

No comments:
Post a Comment