layout

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

5 months

Nathan Matthew! I am late with this again, but still made it before the end of the next month. So here it is.

Nathan you are 5 months old!



Weight: On our bathroom scale, around your 5 month birthday, you were 17.5 lbs

Height:??? LONG! This is where you are out growing your clothes. Especially the length of the torso, but some in the length of the pants.

Clothing: Mama finally bit the bullet and boxed up everything that said 3 months. 6 months really fits best, and I am starting to think I should try 9 month clothes on you. I really like the clothes with a bigger range on them, like 6-12 months.


Diapers: We have moved up to size 3, although there are still a few size 2 floating around the house. We can get those on, so we will use them up!



this was a new face,
looks like Joey from
friends

Feeding: Still all mama's milk! 1 more month, and we will make the APA recommendation. Hooray! You are more distracted eating because you notice so much more of the world around you. Mama started pumping to help with supply. Plus it makes me feel good to build back up our freezer supply! You are definitely showing lots of interest in food these days, so I know you will be ready when we finally give you some solids.



Hair and eyes: Not much new here. Still with the blonde/brown fuzzy hair. Eyes are still blue!


Sleep: Big changes here. We are experiencing "4 month wakefulness." Started just before your 5 month mark. You don't want to go to bed until late, no matter how early we start your bedtime routine or if you get a bath or not. So I just quit fighting you, and we go to be when you are sleepy, which has been anywhere between 9-11. Also, since you are still in our room, you notice daddy when he's getting ready for work in the mornings, and that wakes you up. I feel like some of your waking is our fault, and I thought about moving you out of our room earlier than planned, but I just can't. The SIDS recommendation is for 6 months. So we are going to try to make it. 
You will still sleep in late in the mornings after your feeding, and you will also take a nap during the day! So this "wakefulness" isn't all bad. Just a little hard on a mama that is use to sleeping more!

Fun Stuff: You rolled over, finally, finally!!! Although, Mommy and Daddy both missed it. You did it for the first time on November 23 for Gigi, Grandaddy Greer, and Grandmama Prissy at Gigi's house. Then Mom and Dad missed it the second time. This time you did it for Hannah. Then finally mom saw you do it at home, after missing one that no one saw because my back was turned. Then finally, daddy saw. These were all belly to back rolls.

We can get you to laugh when we tickle you.

You have found your feet!

You had your first Thanksgiving, where you met lots of extended family on Daddy's side of the family!

You "saw" your first snow. I don't think you noticed it much to tell the truth, but it was your first none the less.

We started letting you sit in the buggy at the store, and in the highchair, at restaurants. You are still a little small, especially for the buggy, but if we put an extra blanket in there, it helps prop you up. This came just in time to make Christmas shopping a little easier!


You are really good and grabbing and reaching for toys now. We keep your Sophie in the car seat with you, and if you want her, you pick her up and start chewing away.


You love Mickey Mouse! I see an early love affair beginning.

You can now play in your bouncer. You love to bounce in it!

You want to pet the dog. You guys have met a few times with some success!




We love you so much little man :) Can't imagine our world without you to watch and love!








No comments: