Life around here hasn't been terribly exciting recently. This is a random list of some of the happenings in our life lately...
This is the very first post ever brought to you by our new MacBook Pro! When we got home from Alaska back in August our desktop wouldn't turn on. Jonathan thought it was a busted power supply, and we planned to get it fixed soon... no hurry though because our primary computer was my laptop which was old, but working fine. Then about 2 weeks ago, the screen on my laptop started blinking- bad. Our plan was to get both of them fixed because the cost was going to to far less than a new computer, but when we found out the desktop actually had a broken motherboard instead of just a broken power supply, our plans changed. We ended up walking out of Best Buy with a new computer instead of a repair order. We were both a little nervous about the switch over to the Mac operating system, but so far so good!
In January Jonathan's dad came for a visit. It was close to his birthday, so Jonathan got tickets to the Vandy Basketball game as a birthday surprise. We had a great time at the game and Vandy came out with a win! It was an all around fun weekend, and we really enjoyed having Jonathan's dad here!


I got 2 new books for Christmas. I just recently finish reading both, and they were so good! Black Heels to Tractor Wheels is The Pioneer Woman's story of how she met and married her husband. It is a real life love story, and it is full of the same humor you can find on her blog on a regular basis. I laughed out loud several times! Next I read Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews. It was great, and just what I wanted to read at this time of year. I get so tired of being inside and seeing nothing but gray skies; this book took me straight to the beach in the middle of hot August days! Jonathan got a Kindle Touch for Christmas, and he has been sucked into the Hunger Games series this last month. He just got finished with all the books, and he promises I can read them next. He says I have to at least finish the first one before the movie is out next month.
These last 5 weeks have been super busy for Jonathan. He went out the San Francisco for an annual conference, and then since he got home from that he's been working like a dog to get lots of research done. He went to New York City last week to do some work at Columbia. He worked really hard all week. By coincidence some of our friends were visiting family in NYC, he was able to meet up with them and have dinner on Saturday evening. I was glad he got to take a little break and have some fun, but I was a little jealous. He brought me home a new t-shirt and a magnet for our fridge as a prize, and I'm hoping if he goes back again I can tagalong :)

While he was gone I was off work with nothing to do but clean the house, and it was great! Ha, really! The house in cleaner than it's been a long long time. This is mostly thanks to the brand new vacuum I purchased over the weekend. It sucked up tons of dirt, dust, and dog hair, and I can just feel the clean when I walk on the carpet! I have a few more days off, and since the house is clean I have plans to do some shopping today. Then tomorrow is going to be a fun day. Jonathan and I are finally going to get to use the tickets I got him for Christmas to see the Predator's. Hoping to post about that before I have to go back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment