I am currently sitting at home wishing I was back here....
We got home from our fabulous beach vacation about a week ago, and I have to say it was everything I had hoped for and more! We went to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach, AL and spent 6 lovely days there with our friends Chase and Megan, a.k.a UAB vacation club.
We had perfect weather the whole time we were there! There was a little bit of rain when we got there on Friday, but the rest of the time temps were 70s-80s and sunny. We spent our days out on the beach laying around reading and soaking up the sun. The ocean was a little too cold to swim in, but Jonathan did brave it a few times! He found some great shells out in the water, and then we took a long walk down the beach and found tons of great shells washed up on the shore. So my shell collection in the guest bath is looking a little less pitiful these days :)
At night we stuffed our faces with some awesome food, played putt putt, and went for ice cream. We ate at some great places- DeSoto's, Cosmo's, Sea-n-Suds, and Shipp's Harbor. It was all so good and most nights I pretty much cleaned my plate! For ice cream, we went to dip-n-dots, Scoop's, and Brewster's. Brewster's Key Lime Pie is my absolute favorite! Yum-O!
This was my plate at Shipp's Harbor. I think
this was my favorite meal. It was so, so good!
Then after dinner, every night but one, we played putt putt. I was so worried that Chase and Megan wouldn't want to play at all, but it turns out I shouldn't have worried at all! Chase and Megan are some sort of putt putt pros! Most nights Jonathan wanted to put a wager in on who would win. If Chase was on your team, then you probably were going to win. Ha!
I think we visited almost every putt putt place in Gulf Shores. Our fave was Pirate's Adventures, which we played at twice!
Pirate Ship!
Megan putting
Jonathan being silly waiting for his
turn to go.
One of my putts. Have mentioned
I'm terrible, but I just love playing!
Chase with the score card. He was probably
winning :) I think he won every
game actually.
That is the armadillo that came to play
putt putt too.
pretty waterfall
I have to say it was a great trip and exactly what we needed! I'm so excited we get to go back next month for our friend's wedding. It's going to be great, and we have already talked about exactly where we are going back to eat! (In case you are wondering, DeSoto's. Their deal on crab legs can't be beat!)
No comments:
Post a Comment