It seems April has come and gone, and I'm not sure I posted one time during that whole month. I feel like ALL I did was WORK. Which, of course, was miserable! I have to say it was my own fault though, I'm new to working 12 hour nights and making my own schedule, so I was sort of playing around with things for a little while with how I was scheduling myself. I made a horrible schedule for myself in April where basically for at least part of the day I was at work for 9 days straight. I girl needs a break! And I did that to my self on 2 separate occasions which mean for at least 18 of the 30 days in April I was at work :P So, I'm glad that is over, and I will never do that again!
I did find some spare time in there though to do a few fun things. Like one night I drove all the way from Tennessee to Birmingham to celebrate my Edith's 50th birthday! We had Jim N Nick's taco Tuesday, and then we went out for a little karaoke! It was my first time to try karaoke, and I secretly always thought I would be good at it. This was so NOT the case. I think from now on I'll leave singing to the professionals. But, it was a really great night out with friends that I miss terribly! It was so wonderful to see them!

the birthday girl
Jonathan and I went to the drive in for the first time this season. It's one of our favorite things to do! We saw Hop and The Adjustment Bureau. It was our first time to go in Jonathan's Escape. Watching the movie from the back of the tailgate was far better than the front seat of my car! I'm sure we will be back later on in the summer.

intermission, my favorite part is
the retro concession stand clips
they show!
We got to see Nicholas! Jonathan's brother has been living in New York the last few month's. He has been work hard at his day JOBS and going to auditions for Broadway. He got a few little gigs, like he was an extra on Gossip Girl, but nothing was looking especially promising. So, he decided to jump back on the cruise ship! We are excited for him because this new cruise goes across the Atlantic and to part of Europe. How cool is that? Away, Nicholas flew into the Nashville Airport from New York, and Jonathan's grandparents drove him the rest of the way home to Alabama. They ate dinner in town before they left for Bama, so we got to spend a few hours with our little world traveler before he was off again!
Jonathan and I had a really lovely Easter here in town. We got to go to our own church. The music was especially awesome for Easter services and the message was great! It was a beautiful day to celebrate our risen Savior! From there we went out to Jonathan's grandparent's house for lunch. Per my request we grilled out hamburgers. We aren't able to have a grill at our apartment, so it's a real treat for us to get something fresh off the grill. Jonathan's cousins and aunt and uncle came over for lunch too, and it was a great afternoon with family. Jonathan and I even brought a special Easter treat. Cupcakes filled with cadbury creme eggs! We thought they we great, but apparently we are the only creme egg enthusiast in the family. Most just ate around the egg. I think next time we will use the caramel filled eggs! But I can tell you if you like the creme egg these are awesome!
us in our Easter best

the inspirational picture
source pinterest
I got up bright and early on Friday April 29th to watch Prince William marry Kate! As a teenager, I was in love with Prince William. I thought he was so cute! My friend Meredith and I use to plot ways we could meet him and marry him ourselves. I've since gotten over my crush on him, and I was nothing but happy to watch him marry his bride. I think that they have such a romantic story! She was so beautiful on her wedding day. As I watched her walk down the aisle, all I could think was she looks so calm. I think that if it had been me, I might have died! Their wedding ceremony was just lovely, and I hope they have a lifetime of happiness together!

the Prince and Princess
No comments:
Post a Comment