layout

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lately...

My life I has been super hectic/busy/crazy. In a stream of conscieness style, here what's been going on in my life...

We got back to Birmingham from our honeymoon on July 5th. The next day Jonathan and I got up and loaded the car up with our suitcases that we actually never unpacked. I went and got my haircut because it was driving me crazy and then we drove to Nashville to Jonathan's work because he had something that he absolutely had to get done that day. We stayed at his house the rest of that week. He went to work, and I tried to get his apartment in some sort of order since he was going to be moving out at the end of the month. Friday we stopped by my mom's, and we went to see the play she was in. She was a nun in "The Sound of Music." It was a really great show, and we enjoyed it so much! Then we left that night and drove onto my house because I had to work the next day. I worked Saturday and then we spent Sunday together. He helped my fill out a few job applications, since I am mostly computer illiterate and couldn't figure out the online application process. He went back home Sunday, and I stayed to work the week.

During that week I worked like usual, and I heard back from one of my applications. I had a telephone interview on Friday of that week, and after that interview, we set up for me to have an in person interview the next week!

The next week, Monday and Tuesday I worked on packing up my apartment into boxes which is alway a traumatic experience for me. I'm not sure why, but it really bothers me to pack up my things into boxes. I feel like I'm never going to see my stuff again! Weird, I know!

Anyway, I drove to Jonathan's on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday afternoon I had my interview. I made the mistake of riding into work with Jonathan since his work was in walking distance of my interview I thought it would be easiest for me to find my way since I often get lost in new places! Well, I was so tired that I had to take a nap under Jonathan's desk before my interview. To say I wasn't feeling at the top of my game for this interview would be an understatement, but I went, and I did my best! It was a really difficult interview for me. When I got my first job, the interview was more like a chitchat about why I wanted to work there. This interview was for real, and so when I left without a job offer I felt like it had gone pretty badly. Anyway, I didn't have time to concentrate on that, we had other things to do.

After the interview, I went back to Jonathan's office. While we were there this giant, heavy, metal thing fell on my big toe. It hurt so bad, and I had an instant bruise. Needless to say, it swelled up, and it made moving into our new apartment that weekend a bit difficult!

Anyway, Thursday Jonathan and I drove back to my apartment and fished packing up boxes. We went the next day to get the U-HAUL. I had ordered at 17 ft truck. What we picked up was a 26 ft truck! I had thought I might drive it, but once I got in it, I was too chicken. Jonathan ended up driving that 26 ft monster all weekend up and down the interstate! Anyway, Jonathan and Chase loaded up the truck with all my things. Megan came over about half way through the loading process and helped as well, and then we all went out for a 4 course dinner and Chili's which was super yummy! Then, they went home, and Jonathan and I loaded up and made the 3 hour trek up the interstate. We got to his apartment about 2 AM. We got in bed and slept for about 6 hours. We got up the next morning and loaded a few things from Jonathan's apartment he would be taking to our new apartment, and then we rode on over to our new apartment building to sign our lease.

There was a bit of a delay since we actually got there before the office opened, but we got in eventually and got our lease signed. Then the unloading began, which actually went much faster than the loading since we had more help on this end. Both our moms, Jonathan's aunt, uncle and cousin Hannah, and Jonathan's friend from school, Dean, all came to help us, and the truck that had taken about 5-6hours to load was unloaded in about 3! That night, Dean, the moms, and us all went out to eat at the famous Loveless Cafe, which is right around the corner from our new apartment! Can I just tell you that was the best meal I'd had in weeks, but I wish I had felt better. I toe was absolutely throbbing!


So tired, but happy!

Where does the rug go?


Jonathan and his uncle Scott

Little Hannah moved some big boxes!

Yummiest food ever!

In the mean time, I had gotten a call to say that I had gotten the new job. I was in shock, but I was so happy to accept the new job! I start in September, and I will be working in an NICU just like I do now which I am so happy about! I really love what I do and I did not want to change. The only difference in this new job and my current job is the way their unit is set-up and the shift I will be working. It's going to be different, but I'm hoping I'll learn lots and enjoy making new friends. Most of all, I'm going to enjoy working and living in the same city as Jonathan!

So, all that brings us to now. I've already spent one week trying to unpack boxes, and I'm pretty sure that they are multiplying! This new apartment is about the same size as my old one, but combining 2 households and all our new beautiful gifts is difficult. We have already made a big contribution to Goodwill, and I'm pretty sure I see another one in our future!

For right now, I'm going back and forth between my 2 cities, so I can work at my old job. I am relying on my sweet friends to have some place to stay. I'm going to be so sad when my last day at work comes because I truly love my current job, and I couldn't ask for better people to work with! I know I'm doing the right thing for me, Jonathan, and our marriage though!

The boxes are calling...I must go!

No comments: