layout

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Take Over

Well, I didn't think it could happen to me. Because of my careful and meticulous planning, I thought for sure there as no way that my wedding could take over my life the way it does, so many girls. However, I am sorry to day I have joined the masses!

It all started about 3 weeks ago (about the 2 month mark, and if you'll notice, pretty close to the last time I posted). Once I started addressing invites, I was sucked in :) For you see, I have a small case of OCD (all nurses do!), and I am especially crazy about invitations. I went a little crazy in February when I was addressing the "Save the Dates," but my invitations had to be perfect- hence a large case of crazy.







Lots of my friends told me they just printed off address labels, but I couldn't bring myself to do that. What I really wanted was to pay somebody to write in calligraphy on them, but I ended up throwing that idea out after I realized the average price was around $2 an envelope. With around 200 invites, I knew I didn't have $400 sitting around to spend on ink :) So I had a DIY project on my hands.

I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a calligraphy pen with refill cartridges and started writing. In the mean time I also got my hubby-to-be to make a template to help me write in straight lines, which had been my problem with the "Save the Dates." He came through with an awesome little thing that I just had to lay down on the invites and there was string there in sraight lines to guide me, which worked out especially great becasue the string was flexiable for writing letters like j, g, and p! I think in all truth I was really proud I had done them myself, and I got to do them just the way I wanted to! I finished all 180 some odd envelopes 2 weekends ago, and they all went out in the mail Wednesday (although there are a few extra that are going out when I get the addresses). And I made it through with most of my sanity and only one rather significant meltdown :) BTW, thanks for putting up with me Mom and Jonathan!

As well as invites, there have been a few other whatnots going on. I finally booked a florist, and I have a final meeting to confirm flowers this week- Holy Cow! So I've been working on making finally decisions there! I've also been working on keeping up with paying the final costs of things. Luckily everything is due around the same time, so I just have to sit down and write all the checks at the appropriate times of the month!

In more fun and interesting news we had 2 showers 2 weekends ago. We has a his and her's couples shower on Friday night, and I had my Bridal shower on Saturday. Both were absolutely lovely, and we got some awesome stuff. When you buy things for wedding showers/gifts, it's hard to believe anybody could get excited about a waffle iron, but truely it was super fun to open things like that. I was more than thrilled with every new gift, and I am so thankful to have such sweet and wonderful friends that care so much for Jonathan and me!


My lovely MOH and I at the couples shower.
Sorry this is a bit dark.

I learned rather quickly, if you are the bride you don't get
to use your camera for too many pics! These
are the only ones I've got for the whole weekend!


Jonathan and I. This is not the best of either
of us but there was no time for another. The
door bell was starting to ring!



Upcoming activity of the week- Lingerie shower! and the meeting with the florist :)

1 comment:

The Roap Family said...

So glad you enjoyed your shower!!! It is okay that your wedding has taken over your life- it is kind of a big deal :)