It's been awhile since I participated in Kelly's "Show Us Your Life," but this week, it's all about your favorite books- children's and grown-up. Reading is my absolute favorite, so of course I had to participate :)
I'm going to try not to go overboard, but I must warn you I really do LOVE books!
Children's books:

This one that I really love! I didn't read it as a child though.
It's one I discovered in more recent years :)

This is a less widely popular book. My grandmother gave it to me,
and it's actually a Christmas book. I use to pick it out for
a bedtime story because it was really long, so I got to
stay awake longer. I also thought it sounded just like what would
really happen if my toys came to life!

This is my very favorite little golden book! It was one
that belonged to my mama. Sadly it is no longer
available in print, so there is no way to go out a buy it.
I still have my copy though! It's a really cute
story about a rhinoceros that needs glasses :)
Grown-up books:
I read this book for the first time my freshman year in
high school, and I have reread it several time since then!
It's classic with several different messages included.
My favorite of which is- never judge someone else until
you have taken a walk around in their shoes! Also,
the main character of the story was the inspiration for the
name of my sweet furbaby! And best of all it's set in
the great state of Alabama :)
This is a book that I am currently rereading. "Standing in the
Rainbow" takes readers from post- WWII america up to 2000.
It feeds my love and nostalgia for decades
I never even lived :) and it makes me laugh real
hard- like out loud!
I actually LOVE all of Fannie Flagg's books. They are sooo
funny, and if you are southern you will laugh just
a little bit harder and a little bit longer!
If you are headed to the beach this summer, and you
are looking for a light, easy read, then look no further!
"Undomestic Goddess" was the first Sophie Kinsella
book I read, and it remains my favorite :) If you are not so good
with cooking and cleaning then you will totally relate
to the main character in this book!
All of Sophie's books are totally fab! All of her
books are really funny because of the predicaments
her main characters get themselves into. Sophie is a British gal,
so all of her books are set somewhere in the U.K.,
and they are always filled with awesome British vocabulary.
When I was reading "Shopaholic and Baby" it took me forever to
figure out what a nappy was! BTW it's a diaper :)
Ok, I could go on, but I won't! I think that's enough for now!



1 comment:
Cute blog! Love your book choices. "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" is one of my favorites as well! Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment