layout

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

New Moon

In anticipation of the second movie in the Twilight series, Sips n' Strokes is featuring a series of paintings inspired by all the books. There are four different ones. After looking at all of them, we decided that the flower that is on the cover of the second book, New Moon, looked the most useful and easiest to paint. Boy were we wrong about the easy part :(

Jenny called last night, while I was working over, to ask if I or any one else that was working would like to go to the class. I ended up being the only taker. We had fun anyway though, even if it was just the 2 of us!

It was by far the most difficult painting I have ever done there for sure, and the end results ain't too purdy. I think this one is not going to end up on the wall. We joked that we should come back with the rest of our coworkers and try again now that we know the ins and outs of the painting. That way we can watch them suffer like we did, and we will come home with a beautiful painting next time!

Here are the pics of our finished products! Sadly my camera was bumped out of auto focus, so the pictures are all blurry. You get the idea though.




No comments: