layout

Monday, August 17, 2009

Julie & Julia



As I mentioned before, I saw Julie & Julia last weekend while I was visiting with my Dad. It was so funny because Dad kept saying we needed to get to the theater early. I knew it was opening weekend and all, but I honestly thought he was a little crazy. I have been to lots of BIG movies opening weekend, and I've never had a problem. It turn out, he was absolutely right though. Before they let us go back into the theater, there was a line out the door!

Luckily, we did get there early, so my dad, grandmother, and I all got prime seating together in the middle :) I had been wanting to see this movie ever since I heard about it, and I was so glad I was getting to go with my grandmother since she has always enjoyed Julia Child. The movie did not disappoint!!! It was maybe one of the best movies I have seen in a long, LONG time.

I had wondered how they were going to pull the two stories together- the life of Julia Child and Julie's ambitious undertaking- cooking every dish in the Julia Child cookbook. They did such a wonderful job telling both stories and tying them together. Meryl Streep did such a wonderful job becoming the beloved Julia, and the character of Julie is equally as lovable as Julia once you get to know her.

One of my favorite things was how funny this movie is. I laughed so hard! I found myself laughing harder and louder than everyone else in the theater, but I didn't much care! It really was that funny! The other wonderful thing about is movie was the scenes in Paris. That city is just gorgeous! I'm gonna get there someday :) but until then, thank goodness for movies that can transport me there!

I give it 2 great big thumbs up! I intend to buy it the day it comes out on DVD, and I also intend to buy copies of all the books featured- Julie & Julia, My Life in Paris- Julia Child's Autobiography, and Mastering the Art of French Cooking. Bon Appetite!

No comments: