layout

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Florida Family

WOW- I've just returned from trip #3 to FL this summer! I think that is the most I've ever been to Florida in one summer in my whole life, and I'm not done yet.


This particular trip was to visit with my Dad. I flew down with my Grandmother last Monday. Our week went like this...


Monday
Arrive in FL after a safe flight and go back to Dad's house. Eat a yummy steak dinner cooked on the grill! Fall into bed. Traveling makes me sleepy! Maybe not the most interesting day :)


Tuesday
Sleep in really, really late! Proceed to be lazy all day long.


When Dad got home from work, he made us some tasty Chicken and Rice for dinner. Then after dinner, it was time for our first FL sunset. We went to check out the sunset by the Bay. This is what we found...



purdy, ain't it?

Then we proceeded to walk around the bay area and check out some of the cool stuff around...




House built the 1920's by the founder of
America's favorite circus, John Ringling-
now part of a college campus


Dad and Grandmother in the door way-
Pretty nice house, huh?


Check out this tree. Those are
roots that actually grow down
from the branches and into the ground
Wednesday
Sleep in again, not quite as late though. Hang around the house with Grandmother all day and introduce her the the joys of the Food Network (my favorite channel).

Dad got home a little earlier this day. We went out for a drive around town to see some of the sights. We ended up on the beach to check out the sunset. It was pretty on the Bay, but even prettier on the ocean...

am I not right?



We also saw this! How neat to
see a Sea Turtle nest!

Then we went across the street to get some dinner. You can't go to Florida and not eat seafood! I got some JUMBO shrimp that were maybe the best I have ever had. The restaurant we ate at was so cute. It was right on the bay, and we sat at a table in the trees right by the water. We got to watch the moon come up over water and check out the boats, and we walked out on the dock after dinner to get a look at the fishies!


The view from our table


view of the restaurant from the dock


check out that moon

Thursday
Dad took off most of the day this day, so we all had a full day together. We spent the afternoon at the beach! Dad and I got out in the ocean. The water was so clear! There were lots of fish in there though, and I wasn't so sure about that! Then Dad, Grandmother, and I all took a walk down the beach. I found lots of pretty shells including some mini conch shells. How cool is that?

Friday
Dad took the whole day off. We went to check out the shops on the local circle downtown. We saw lots of cool stuff. I just love walking around in little shops like that. You never know what you might find! My favorite shop that day was the one full of French things :) I might have gotten in trouble in there if I had brought my wallet with me that day!

The shops were fun, but boy was it HOT! I thought I knew what hot was growing up in the South, but after experiencing FL heat for a week, I realize I was wrong! So after the walk around the circle we went to get some thing cool to drink at the marina. Here are some of the boats we saw at the marina while we were sipping our cokes and cooling down...

I want one of these when I grow up


but maybe I could actually afford one
of these...maybe

Saturday
I got up early- I know don't be too shocked!- and we all went and walked around the Farmer's Market. We saw lots of good stuff that looked pretty tasty, and we also saw some cute doggies. Too bad Scout couldn't have come with us! I think she would have liked it, but I'm not so sure anybody would have liked her and her wild behavior.

After the Farmer's Market, we walked around the corner to a little French Cafe for a late breakfast. My Dad had a tasty crepe, and my grandmother and I both had an chocolate croissant and Orangina. It was sooooo good. My grandmother had never had Orangina before either, so I felt I had done my good dead for the day by introducing her to it. She said she liked it!

On the way home, we stopped by this statue which we had driven by all week. We just had to have a picture of it!

It's called Unconditional
Surrender :)


Can you see us? This thing
is BIG!


Saturday we also went to the movies! We went to see Julie & Julia. I cannot say enough good things about this movie!!!!!!!


Sunday
We are home. We got on the plane this morning, and we made it back home safely! It was great week, and I really enjoyed spending it was my Grandmother and my Dad :)




Love you both :)

No comments: