layout

Monday, July 20, 2009

Cousins Come to Town

Seems like I'm always one weekend behind on my posts, but oh well... maybe some day I'll have enough time and energy to stay up to date!

The Sunny King Golf tournament was last week. My uncle has played in the tournament every year for the last 24 years. That is almost as long as I have been alive! This year was a little different though because he's sick. He's right in the middle of treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease. The treatment involves lots of antibiotics and supplements. All of this has been really hard on his body. He has lost a good bit of weight and he is tired after everyday activity, so he knew it was going to be difficult to play golf. Thankful one of his good buddies, Dale, stepped up to play in his spot with my uncle's partner, Mike. My uncle had hoped to be able to play one day, but he end up mostly just riding around in the cart and watching. I know that was tough for him to just watch because he LOVES playing golf- especially in the Sunny King. We are thankful he is on the road to recovery, but it is one long difficult road. My prayer is that he will be well enough to play next year, and in the mean time, that healing will take place in all his body!

Anyway... because my uncle wouldn't have been able to make the long drive alone, the whole family came! I hadn't seen my little cousins since back in February. They have grown so much especially Braxton! He is talking lots more with much more expression and personality, and Annalise will give you the biggest, most sweetest smile. Don't even think about picking her up though! She's got a Mama attachment for sure. The only one who managed to charm her away for a while was my grandaddy. He picked her up and talked to her and played with her, and she just laughed and laughed! It was cute, and I was glad he was the chosen one.

On the down side, the kids brought the stomach flu with them, and we all got it! It was miserable! My Grandad got sick first, then Peggy, then Mom and Me, and then my Grandmother. It seemed that I got the mildest case, but I still hope it's a long long time until I get something like that again! It's a good thing those kids are cute, otherwise, I might not have been so forgiving.

Here we are on the golf course waiting
for my uncle to come in from playing!



Here's Annalise waiting around too :)



Annalise back at the house playing
on the floor. Isn't that blanket
cute!?!? I made it!


Too busy playing to look at the camera


That's better! Aren't we cute?

No comments: