layout

Monday, July 15, 2013

Catch Up

It's been over 6 months since I last wrote a post- and even that was a late post about last summer. Since then SO much has happened that it makes it hard to know where to begin! Some things deserve a post all their own which I plan to do, but I think I'll start with just a short list of what we have done since last August- almost a year ago and were this blog last left off! This may be boring to most, but it's all stuff I want to remember :)


In August, we went to Shatonya's wedding and finally brought our puppy girl home. Our dog stayed with my mom all summer since Jonathan's knee injury made it difficult to have her and her hyper self around. By August, Jonathan was more stable on his feet, so we got to bring her home!


In late September, we saw Chipper Jones retire from the Braves and got to visit with Scarlet and Eric in Atlanta. Then it was on to the Ham to pick up Chase for Barbi's wedding in Montgomery. Pretty wedding and fun to catch-up with some friends we had not seen in ages!


In October, Chase and Megan came for a visit! An annual event and so fun to visit with them. We took them to The Pharmacy to eat. It was the first time we had eaten there too, and it was so good. The boys discovered a new beer they were in love with. Jonathan worked on his dissertation.

In November, we voted! Then after our ballots were cast, we stopped by Kroger to pick up a pregnancy test. I took it when we got home, and it was positive!!! Most scary exciting day of my life :) We kept our news to ourselves for quite sometime though. We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family in Anniston. Jonathan worked on his dissertation.

In December, we went on vacation. As a reward for making it through the awful summer we had, we planned a trip to NYC. I dream had been to go to see the Macy's parade, but after experiencing New York at Christmas, I think I'm over it. SO MANY PEOPLE. It was fun and Nicholas was our tour guide. I have plans to write a whole post on this trip.


Christmastime we told our family our big news- bigger post on that later too! I got granted off Christmas night and was able to go out to Les Mis with Jonathan's family.


And Jonathan worked on his dissertation.

In January, we finally went to the circus. Y'all I have been wanting to go see the circus with Jonathan since we were in college! It only took 7 years, but we finally made it. Jonathan FINISHED his dissertation and defended his work in front of his committee. He passed which made him an official PhD!


                             defense day!

In February, We took at quick trip down to the Ham to visit with Chase and Megan. We saw the Blazers play a basket ball game. We helped my mom celebrate her birthday. Jonathan had surgery done on his ankle. The the recovery for that surgery was more than we were expecting. Boo! We found out our baby was #1 healthy and #2 a boy!!!

post-op appointment

our boy

March 20th was my 29th birthday.


birthday pie from Loveless

In April, our washing machine broke and caused a giant flood in our house. It was awful. Never leave your appliances running unattended. It would have been so much worse if I had left. It was only running 30 minutes or so and flooded our spare bedroom, spare bathroom, and a large portion of the living room!

In May, Jonathan had graduation ceremonies and accepted a job! Grace went to prom. Once again, how did this child get so grown?




The first weekend in June was my baby shower. Then at the end of June Jonathan celebrated his 29th birthday and the next day we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We had a nice night out at Sperry's, our first time trying that restaurant. The steaks were sooo good and the dessert was amazing. Then we saw Monsters U at the movies!

Which brings us to July- I am on maternity leave with no baby at the current moment, so I finally have time to write all this down! We are just waiting on our little fellow to make his appearance.











No comments: