I think lately I have let negative thoughts creep into my mind and it is causing a completely negative all around effect in my life. In June, I was so excited to get married and finally be in the same place with Jonathan. I was so hopeful that the move to Nashville would be a fully positive experience. I had ideas that I would cook dinner more often, keep my house really clean and sparkly, make new friend and learn new things at a new job, and have more time for little personal projects. Mostly, this has not been my reality, and it has really got me down lately.
I realize though that there are lots of things that I should be thankful for in this life I'm living. So in an effort to help my attitude, I am going to attempt to post a few things every week that I am thankful for.
1. We have found a wonderful church to attend here in Nashville. It is one that Jonathan visited a few times before we got married. We tried out a few other churches before we finally went back to Crosspoint. I didn't think it was the church we would attend, but the truth is, I think it is exactly were God wants us. So many times during the message I feel like the pastor is talking only for me and God whispers in my ear "You need to hear this."
2. I have a wonderful husband that still loves me even though for the last few months all I have done is complain and cry. He is better and stronger than anything I could have ever imagined for myself.
3. Spring seems to be just around to corner. The temperatures have been in the 50-60s for the last week and best of all it hasn't snowed in 2 whole weeks.
4. I only have 2 more days to work this week and then we have a great weekend planned. I'm really excited because Jonathan is going to go to his first concert ever! I think it's going to be a really good show.
5. The scale says I've lost 3 pounds. I think it's because I quit cokes.
Okay, so it's not a long list, but it's what I have for now. I think it's enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment