layout

Friday, November 28, 2008

BOO Twilight


*Twilight movie spoilers*
Reading is one of my great loves in life, so of course I could not resist reading Twilight. I had thought I wouldn't like it much, but it ended up being okay. I read all the other books in the series, and I absolutely loved the last book. I read all 600 and some odd pages in two days!
Everyone I work with read the books as well. It was a major topic of conversation among my co-workers for months, and we of course were thrilled when we heard there was a movie coming out! We decided since we work 3-11, we all could go to the midnight showing together opening night. I think there were about 25 of us all together that ran out the door after report with our advance purchase tickets in hand to head to the theater. We all sat down with our popcorn and drinks in hand ready for a fabulous movie!





with Kourtney and Edith in the movie



I could tell after about the first 15 minutes that a great movie was not what we were going to see. The movie was horrid! I had thought when I saw the previews that Edward was never quite right, and I was right. He delivered his lines so slowly- like he was having a hard time remembering to speak without a British accent. When Bella walked in the lab, and he was trying to show what a difficult time he was having because she smelled so tasty to him- he instead looked like he was throwing up in his mouth. The worst was when he was suppose to be sparkling in the sunshine, and instead he looked all sweaty! GROSS!!! Overall the whole movie was just terribly choppy and lacked the relationships the books created between many of the characters. I give it two big thumbs down!

1 comment:

KrustyLynn said...

hey!! it's kristi! I just stumbled upon your blog...okay, that's a lie. I saw Steph's fb comment and I had to check it out! I used to blog, (mostly ramble on about nothing!!) but I am switching over to a new format. I'm still waiting on it to be completed. ha! Anyway, I totally agree with this assessment of Twilight...even though this was years ago...you are SO RIGHT. :) TTYL!